LACA MAIN EVENT RETURNS!
The LACA Main Event returns to its traditional July dates with a full programme of things to do for people wishing to visit for the day. Registration and parking is free for anyone working in public sector catering in an operational role in both in-house and contracted service operations, and the organisers particularly look forward to welcoming those who work in the school food service.
The School Food Show, which is part of the LACA Main Event, runs on July 6th and 7th 2022 at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole and has a host of things for visitors to do, including:
- 140 exhibitor stands displaying new products and services for the school food sector
- A programme of free workshops covering topics such as mental health and wellbeing, future kitchen technology and carbon footprint management
- LACA Live returns with a series of cookery demonstrations, including one from Phil Vickery, Celebrity Masterchef champion and England Rugby World Cup winner.
- Finishing Touches will showcase the culinary skills of the countries amazing school chefs
- The School Chef of the Year final will be live over the two days with 12 chefs cooking live to win the coveted crown
The event will also have a specially prepared plant-based food cookery books to give away to the first 1,000 visitors. With 50 fully nutritionally analysed recipes, the book will help all school caterers perfect their plant-based dishes. There are also all the main course dishes from the competitors in the 2021 School Chef of the Year final for all to experiment with. You can’t buy it you just have to turn up!
A LACA spokesperson said: “2022 is going to prove a momentous year in school food for good and not so good reasons. In Wales, we will see the beginning of a free school meal every day for all primary school children, following on from Scotland’s lead.
“In England, meanwhile, we have seen an inadequate rise in the funding for Universal Infant Free School Meals. However, LACA will continue to fight for more and for more children in food poverty to be eligible for free school meals throughout their school lives.
“The LACA Main Event incorporating the School Food Show is the perfect opportunity to come and find out more, network and share ideas with colleagues. You can also find out about new products and services that can help you deliver a better and more efficient service.”
The event is free to visit or there are delegate opportunities for those that want to take in the whole three days. To find out more, visit www.lacamainevent.co.uk.